Friday, December 3, 2010

33 weeks and our first trip to the hospital

Sugar Plum Fairy-courtesy of Huey and Dumplin Williams (just had to include this pic; Sue was so mad)


Let me start this off by saying that baby and I are fine! We had an interesting night and day on Wednesday though. I started having tons of Braxton Hicks contractions Tuesday afternoon and they just didn't let up. I drank lots of water and then went to bed. I couldn't get comfortable and ended up throwing up all night, gross. So, I decided to call my doctor in the morning to let her know what was going on. My doc was actually in surgery so I talked to another one, thankfully who is a friend of mine. She decided to have me go to OB triage. Ty was already at work but he came home and took me to the hospital. I was hooked up on monitors for the baby and contractions and an IV for about 4 hours. I was still having tons of contractions but as soon as the fluids starting hitting me, they almost stopped. So, turns out I was just dehydrated and that was what caused all of the contractions. I wasn't dialated at all and I had to take a preterm labor test. Somehow the results of this test show if you are going to go into labor in the next 2 weeks. It came back negative so that means I have a 1% chance of having baby in the next 2 weeks, good news. The positive of all of this is that Ty and I got a chance to have our own hospital tour! We were just talking about how we needed to do that before all of this happened. We now know where to go and are already registered, etc. I am feeling fine and I had another appointment yesterday and everything looks good so far. I go in 2 more weeks and then I start every week! Yikes! That is going to make it fly by!

1 comment:

  1. OMG....I am glad everything is okay!!!!! like you said, at least you got a tour and registration out of the way! And now you know a little about what to expect with the nurses, IVs, and monitors. But what if that had been the real thing???? When are were you going to call us???? Once he got here???? =)

    ReplyDelete