Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and found many, many reasons to be thankful. Ty and I had a great one! We went up to Bowling Green, KY on Thursday morning and spent the day with Ty's family. They have a huge extended family and about 31 people were at Ty's grandparent's house to celebrate. It was fun to see them since we don't seem them very much. After lunch we headed back to Nashville to pick up Sue and then made our way to Blue Ridge, GA. My aunt Sheri and Unkie live there and I love going to visit them. My mom, dad and grandmother were also there. We had a great time, as always. We had our Thanksgiving meal on Friday night. We had a lazy morning and then got geared up for some football. We went to one of my uncle's friends bars to watch the Iron Bowl. What a sad game! Bama lost by one point, ugh. They looked terrible in the second half, so it wasn't a huge surprise but we were so hoping to pull the win off. Dinner was fantastic! My mom, aunt, and grandmother all cooked the sides and my uncle made the turkeys. They make the best food ever. On Saturday the boys played golf and the girls went shopping. It was Unkie's birthday on Saturday so we went to downtown Blue Ridge for their tree lighting and then had a fantastic dinner. Seriously, it was amazing!

We made it home on Sunday and that trip concluded our traveling until the baby comes! We only have about 7 more weeks! I have another doctor's appointment on Thursday so hopefully that will go well. I am still having tons of Braxton Hicks contractions but my doc says not to worry. I still feel about the same, not great, but I am excited that we don't have much longer to go. It is crazy thinking that in less than 2 months our lives are going to change so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment