After our weekend in Memphis, I started doing some thinking about the upcoming weekend (aren't we always looking forward to the next weekend??). In March we choose a week for our beach trip and unfortunately it coincided with one of Ty's favorite weekends of the year, Draft Weekend. He was so great about it and decided it was not that huge of a deal to miss this year because he would love to spend a week at the beach. Well, due to a lot of changes in recent weeks, my sister and her family would not be able to go to the beach as planned. And, of course, the whole beach trip kind of fell through. Ty was still not going to go to Draft Weekend because he told everyone back in March that he couldn't come, so they had planned around him. But, being the sweet wife I am (hehe) I asked if he would like to go to the weekend and just hang out with his friends and have a boys weekend and not participate in the draft. In the back of my mind I had started thinking that I wanted to go down to the River and hang out with my parents. Basically, it was a win/win for both of us. Ty was so excited to call/email his friends about being able to go to the lake and I was excited to go down to one of my favorite places in the world, LA (lower Alabama).
This started on Monday, by Tuesday I was heading down south. I decided to make it a longer journey than usual and make a good stop in Birmingham to visit some friends. I stopped in first to see one of my oldest and dearest friends, Laura. I am embarassed to say that I had not seen her since my wedding nor had I met her youngest, who is 8 months old, ahhh! Where oh where does the time go?? Anyway, I rolled in with Sue Bear and we were able to catch up and just hang out like no time had past. That is one of my favorite things about her, we can go for so long and not see each other but when we do it is like we haven't missed a beat. That is the sign of a great friend. Laura and I met in 4 year old kindergarten or preschool, whatever it is called. 27 years later, we are still laughing together! The coolest thing was when her oldest son came in from being out with his granddad and Laura reminded him who I was and said, do you remember me telling you that I met Lauren in 4 year old kindergarten? He nodded his head and we both kind of paused and thought how cool is it that her son could meet a friend in school this year that he would be friends with forever! What a gift our friendship is and I hope he has the opportunity to find a forever friend this year. After trying to keep Sue from peeing on her new rugs and keep Sue from licking the face of her 8 month old son, it was time for me to head to my next destination. I texted Alicia on Monday and asked her if she would be in town the next night and could we stay. Of course she replied, come on! I always do this to her, ask last minute if I can stay and she is always so happy to let me! She is such an awesome person and I love that I get to randomly stop in, catch up and hang out. We had a low key dinner and we were both pretty tired. My dad was also happy about my stop in Birmingham because Alicia had a prize just for him that I needed to deliver....season tickets to the Alabama Crimson Tide!
I left around 7:30 the next morning and continued my trek down south. I made it to the River house and from the moment I drove in, my mom and I have been going non stop. We have gotten a lot accomplished (all fun stuff) and even had time to squeeze in a much needed pedicure. And boy do I mean, much needed. Ty made it to the lake and I am sure I will not hear from him much this weekend. There is not much phone service at the lake he is at....HAHAHAHA! Like I really believe that but I always let him get away with it draft weekend.
So, we are both happy and I feel very blessed to be able to go down to my parents this summer and not have to stay for only 2 days. I'm thinking of going back to Nashville by Wednesday. By then, I figure, Ty will be back to his normal self and will miss his girls a lot by then. I always tell him he is no fun for at least 2 days past the draft weekend. Now he can recover without me trying to get him to communicate, get of the couch, get out of bed, etc.
Happy Weekend!

Keep trying to comment, but i cannot figure out if it is working...im slow! yay for my shout out!! Love you Woodashaw!
ReplyDelete