Thursday, August 5, 2010

Someone's gettin thick



16 weeks today!

I have a Doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm excited to hear the heartbeat again! As you can tell, I am really starting to get thick. I really don't have much of a baby belly, more of thickening of the entire abdomen. Is that normal?? I just thought the baby would start showcasing himself/herself in my lower tummy but I guess for me, that is not the case. I felt pretty good last week but this week I have kind of gone back to old ways. Not quite as bad as the last 9 weeks but definitely not feeling great. I am hoping it is just because I did too much with the move and I am just tired. I can't believe that we find out in about 3 1/2 weeks if baby bean is a boy or girl. For the record, Ty is convinced it is a girl. He has had 4 girl dreams and a waiter gave him a pink pen to sign a check about 2 weeks ago. So, he is sure about it. I really don't have a thought yet, just worrying about the health. I have spent too many years in early intervention and working at the children's hospital and know way too much about the health of babies and everything that can go wrong. I need to keep praying for peace and not to worry until I have reason too. That has always been tough for me! I am also wondering when I will need to buy maternity clothes....because I am totally putting that off! haha

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful!! I did the same thing with Parker....there was never a lower tummy....everything just got "thicker". Plus, I think that's pretty normal given that you are already 16 weeks. Can't wait to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing with Lucas then at 20 weeks is when the showcasing started! You look great and I will definitely stay tuned for your gender post!

    ReplyDelete