Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Portland




Smith and I ventured to Portland, OR at the beginning of June to visit our awesome friends, Laura, Nate, Parker and Hayes.  I didn't know if I was the bravest or dumbest person around to be flying while 6 months pregnant with a 16 month old.  Smith has flown before but never on such long flights.  He did great though!  We had two, 2 1/2 hour flights each way and the only one that was a little challenging was the very last one. To be honest, we were both done and exhausted so I don't blame him.

We had the best time on our visit.  We did exactly what I wanted to do-catch up, see Portland and eat good food.  It was awesome!  Portland has such pretty scenery!  Everything was so green and vivid.  We walked around downtown, went to the children's museum,  a few parks, did some shopping and ate some yummy food.  I am so thankful we were able to go visit.  It had been way to long since I had seen one of my best friends and it was the first time I met adorable Hayes.  Smith, Parker and Hayes had a good time together.  Parker was so patient with Smith and he let him play with all of his toys.  It was really cute having them all together.  Of course we didn't get many pictures but we really had the best time.  I hope we can visit again soon.  I know it will probably be awhile since I won't be able to fly soon but hopefully we can all go out there again.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for coming to visit! You'll never know how much it meant to us. Smith was an absolute joy to be around and I can't wait to come visit Nashville after the baby arrives! love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete