Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just waiting...


Not much to report unfortunately! We are all just waiting for the little man to arrive. I am praying it is soon! Last week at my 39 week appointment my doctor went ahead and schedule my induction date for January 27. She is making me go a whole week after the due date. Needless to say I was pretty bummed. For some reason I was hoping we could go in on Monday, January 24. I know it is not a big difference but I was ready a few weeks ago, ha. I have made a little progress but still not enough to go to the hospital. I have had lots of contractions, just not regular. I guess he is just fine and comfy where he is!!

We are all a little bummed that he didn't decide to make an appearance yesterday, on my dad's birthday. I have been praying he would come then because that would just be so cool. Ty was born on his granddad's 60th birthday and we thought what a great thing if he was born on his grandfather's 60th birthday. But, he did not listen and is being a stubborn little guy. I hope we can celebrate my dad's birthday and Smith's birthday all together very soon. I hate that we couldn't be there for my dad but he said he had a great day! Mom and dad have taken up golf again and they got to play yesterday in the 60 degree weather, ahhh. Must be nice!
We had a whole snow week last week, like much of the nation. School was out all week and I just felt bad for the parents since the kids basically just got back from winter break. The snow was so pretty and I was very thankful I didn't have to drive in it. It snowed 5 days in a row here, which is crazy! Ty even got off work (which if you know his boss, that is totally unheard of).

I go back to the doc this Thursday, due date, but I'm not expecting much. I think it is better if I keep my expectations low and then I won't be disappointed. Honestly though, it hasn't been that bad. The weeks have been flying by. I told my sister that if I was having him on my due date it wouldn't be bad at all. I think next week might be tough though....

No comments:

Post a Comment