It is so hard to believe that on this day 14 years ago, my life and so many of my friends' lives changed forever. One of us, the invincible at that time in our lives, died in a car accident. I remember it like it was yesterday and I assume I always will. Lucas was so much fun to be around and for many years we were the best of friends and inseparable. I think about him all of the time. I often wonder what he would be like as an adult? What job what he have? Would he have children? I had a really hard time the first few years afterwards and I would be lying if I said I didn't still shed tears for him. I still have dreams about him and in a comforting kind of a way, it lets me know he is ok. Because of him, I hug more, love more and make sure others know it (often to a fault). I will tell you I love you way more than needed. I just need my closest to know how I feel about them. I am so thankful for Lucas being in my life and will never forget him!
"A goodbye is necessary to meet again. And meeting again after moments or lifetimes is certain for those who are friends."
No comments:
Post a Comment