Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chicago





I got back from Chicago late in the week. I had a great time and Ty had a good time in NOLA for work. It was so fun seeing the boys and Kristen, David, Mom and Dad. We got to do a lot of stuff while I was there. We went to Michigan Avenue, a Chicago broadway play, dinner at Rosebud's on Rush(which by the way had one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had!), Price's soccer game, school and more shopping! We packed a lot in fun stuff, as always! I love going up there and am so lucky to be able to so often. This trip was my last time before the baby comes!

I had my 28 week appointment on Thursday. I had to do the glucose test, which was not bad except for the fact that I got sick. Yuck! All of that sugar hitting me at once did not agree with me. During all of this the doctor (not mine, she was out) decided to hook me up to the machine that measures heartbeats and movements because she was concerned with me not feeling him move much. The way my placenta is the doctor had warned me that I probably wouldn't feel him move much early on but she thought I should be feeling him more now. After being on the machine for 20 minutes she didn't like the results and had me go for an ultrasound to measure fluid levels and movements. That was super scary but I tried to stay calm. Everything looked good on the ultrasound, thank god. I go back in 3 weeks and hopefully will be able to keep my worry in check. I have done a good job on staying calm but this has been super tough for me. I have been feeling him more this weekend, so that has been a calming thing. Ty has done a good job of trying to keep me calm too. We both said this could be a long 2 1/2 months though.

On a funny note, before we went out to dinner Ty and I were talking about my big belly. He said, "overall, I'm surprised by how small you are, except for your belly. I mean your face or your arms haven't exploded yet." Wow, hilarious! Once again, thank goodness it was Ty saying that and he meant well. He just has a way with words....

No comments:

Post a Comment