Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Beach








The past few weeks have been really tough for many of our friends and I just want to let them know how much I have been praying for them and thinking of them and their families. I hope many happy days are ahead for everyone!

Ty and I decided pretty last minute that we were ready to get out of town. He has been a little stressed with work and wanted to take a few days off. I called my parents and let them know we would be heading down. That in itself is a great vacation. But, we got to add on a beach trip to SanDestin thanks to Sassy and Padoo! We left Tuesday after work and drove to B'ham and once again at the last minute intruded upon Alicia who so graciously always lets us stay with her. It was a quick catch up with her but good nonetheless. We left early Wednesday morning and headed to the River. We got there about noon and were deciding what to do when dad called Ty and asked if he wanted to play golf. Uh, of course! Mom and I ran around while the boys played golf. Then mom had decided it would be a celebratory dinner for Ty since he closed a big deal at work. They cooked steaks and celebrated with wine and champagne. Ty was obsessed with the chamapagne, Veuve Clicquot. I had a little sip and it was amazing! That will be our big celebratory champagne from now on. And I mean big because it is over our normal $10 champagne budget. On Thursday we shopped, ate at Lulu's and the boys played golf again. Friday morning we got up early and headed to the beach. We went to Seaside and ate at Bud and Alleys and then got on the beach. We went to Red Bar that night and it was good, just really crowded, which was so surprising given the time of year. Saturday we layed on the beach and the boys watched football a good part of the day. We went to Flemings that night and back to the condo to watch AL vs Ole Miss. Bama didn't look great but at least it was a W. Sunday we went to church and then stayed on the beach until the sun went down. It was absolutely perfect weather the whole time! Late September/October is one of my favorite times at the beach. Although I will say anytime at the beach is a favorite of mine. We had an awesome time and came home with a little bit of a fall tan. What more can you ask for???

3 comments: