Over Labor Day weekend Ty, me, mom and dad went up to visit Kristen and her family in Chicago. Mom was in Nashville with Ty and me and we decided we would make our first driving trip up there. K had some baby gear that she wanted me to have (i.e. couldn't wait to get rid of, haha) and I knew we couldn't fly it all home. So, Wednesday after Ty got off work we headed up to the Windy City. We were going to drive half way but Ty got a second wind and ended up driving the whole way. It was only 7 hours, not bad.
Thursday we went to Club Chuck while we waited for Dad to fly in and David to get off work. It was quite the experience and I quickly told Ty that he would have to do the Chucky Cheese outings with our little man. We did a little shopping and then it was time for one of our favorite places to eat, Rockwell. Dad took the train from the airport and met us there. The weather was so nice while we were there; it actually felt like fall! On Friday we went to the Cubs game and took the big boys with us. The Cubs won! It was another nice day and David grilled out for us when we got home.
Saturday was game day and David's 40th birthday!! The big boys got up early and went to a casino somewhere about an hour a way. When they got home it was time for game day. A new tradition that was started last year is for the guys to head to the Bama bar, The Houndstooth, very early so they can "get us a good seat" for the game. They went and started the fun and we joined them around 5. The bar is really cool and we did in fact have a good seat. I realized how different it is watching football without a beer or some form of cocktail. But, we all had a good time and most importantly the birthday boy had a great day!
On Sunday we headed downtown in hopes to do some touristy stuff like the Sears/Willis Tower and the architectural boat tour. That didn't quite work out since none of us made reservations for anything and we just ended up walking around and eating at the Italian Village. I wasn't feeling great so Ty, Dad and I took Price home and had a relaxing day hanging out and watching the boys play outside. K had made reservations at a steak place that David had been wanting to try, Gibson's. The atmosphere was pretty cool and it was definitely a swanky place that all of Chicago money frequents. Everyone had a large time, minus dad and I who weren't drinking. They said the steaks were the best they had ever had! Since I don't eat meat and am off of seafood I had a boring salad, ha. Definitely not the best I have ever had but everyone else had great food and the dessert was awesome!
We left Monday morning, sans Mom, for the drive back. At dinner, mom and sista suggested I just let Ty drive home and I fly back. I really thought about it but decided not to make Ty drive home by himself. That is so unlike me! I still can't believe I didn't stay especially after finding out Will decided to walk the day after we left, ahhhh! We had a fun weekend filled with lots of laugh and good family time! Looking forward to the next time when we are all together!
No comments:
Post a Comment