Tuesday, September 10, 2013

End of summer

We had a great end of summer!  Here is the recap:

Ty and I drove to Memphis for the day to visit our great friends new baby, Hasten.  It was awesome seeing them, even for a few hours.  We can't wait to visit with them more soon.

The kids and I drove to Arkansas for a last minute trip!  It was so much fun and a much needed visit with Emily.  She took us in and spoiled us.  It looked like Christmas when we got there.  Smith had the best time playing with the dogs, going to the farmer's market, going to the park and as he says, just playing.  They did great on the long car ride.  I was so nervous about doing it by myself but we made it and I did finally give in to a DVD player for him.  He was obsessed and watched the same movie whenever I let him watch it, he calls it Monster Guys (Monster's Inc).

We got home and then left 3 days later to go to my parents for 4 days and then the beach for a week. September is one of my favorite times at the beach.  We had amazing weather!  We had a really nice routine going and Ty even worked from there.  It was not fun leaving.  I was pretty bummed when we got home.

Smith started a Mother's Day Out program today.  He cried for a while but the teacher sent me a message that he calmed down.  He only slept for 20 minutes and didn't eat much (which is so weird for him) and came away with a small eye injury but otherwise he had a good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment