Monday, March 25, 2013

Ruby Kate is 6 months

Well it has happened, baby girl is 6 months old! One day you are cradling a tiny baby and praying you don't let their heads flop to much and the next thing you know you have a toddler saying, No mama, Piff do it now. So cliche but so heartbreakingly (new word) true. I love babies and I would always have a baby around if that was possible.

RK is rolling both ways but she prefers back to tummy. She is sitting in tripod well. We had her well visit Friday and she weighs 18.3 pounds and 27.5 inches tall. She is way up there in the percentiles right now; curious if it keeps up. She is wearing 12m clothes and size 3 diapers. She is sleeping 8-10 hours and then wakes ups for a feeding then back to sleep until about 6:45-7:15a. Not too shabby! I started her on oatmeal at 5 months, still earlier than I usually do but decided it was ok. That was a hit! I have just started her on avocado and prunes. Some days she likes the avi sometimes not. I usually do veggies first but had to start prunes and probiotics due to some tummy issues.

What a crazy few months we have had. I have been watching my youngest nephew, William, 2-3 times a week. It has been challenging with 3 little ones (he is 3 1/2) but also fun having a playmate for Smith. They love each other even if they always want the same exact toy at the same exact time, haha.

We are all doing pretty good (Smith's fav saying). Some things are still up in the air but we are hanging in there! I'm hoping we get to go down to my parents soon for some R & R.










No comments:

Post a Comment