Monday, December 10, 2012
Catch up
It's tough to have any time to catch up on the blog with one needy toddler and an almost 3 month old (!!) We are here and doing pretty well! Days are hectic and I collapse early in the evening with zero energy and don't sleep at night and get up and do it all again. But, it is awesome!
We went down to my parents for almost 2 weeks for Thanksgiving and it was so much fun. My mom and grandmother drove up and got me and the kids to take us down to the River. The kids did great on the trip down there and pretty good on the way home. We don't have a DVD player but I suspect that our next big car trip we will get one. Smith is a road warrior but he is starting to get a little antsy on long trips. He is still turned around backwards so I think once we turn him forward he will love car trips even more. I am a stickler (most of the time) for rules, especially when it comes to the kids. The AAP recommends children face backwards until 2, so I am doing it. In Europe most kids don't turn around until 4 or 5, random info. Anyway, Smith started his first round of antibiotics the day before Thanksgiving. He was just sad and puny and we took him to a clinic and they thought he had strep but couldn't get a good swab but treated him for it anyway. I am so thankful he has never had to be on antibiotics before and I hope it doesn't happen for a long time.
Ruby Kate is doing really well. She is a big girl and so sweet. She hardly cries and loves to smile, giggle and imitate your voice. Smith is so in love with her still, thank goodness. At her 7 week check up she weighed 12 lbs 6 oz and was 23 inches long. She was not a fan of the immunizations. She was so dramatic which was completely different from Smith. Poor thing!
We have been gearing up for Christmas around here. Thanks to my sister I actually started Christmas shopping (online of course). I typically get 20-30 minutes every day when the kids are both asleep but I never can muster up the energy to start shopping. Smith takes 1, 1 hour nap (that's it, ugh) and I need that time to sit. But, we got a lot done over the course of a lunch so I am feeling better about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment