Friday, December 2, 2011
To the 'Burbs
This pic has nothing to do with the post, just liked it!
About 2 months ago Ty, Smith and I headed to the burbs to start a new chapter of our lives. I went kicking and screaming...almost. I am a bit of a city girl. I like living in Nashville where you can find local stores, restaurants and friends right around the corner; not the big box stores on every major street that have no character. It makes my skin crawl. But, yet here we go! I knew it would happen eventually but I wasn't prepared for it to be so soon. The schools in the city are not great, so you have to go private (which unless we win the lottery our budget will not allow). Williamson County has great public schools so I knew our home would eventually be made somewhere within this county. It just came on so fast. We had just started to not seriously look at houses. I love looking at houses and would do it everyday if I could. Ty's mom had been talking about one down the street that was being redone and they knew the owner. He had lived in the house for 20 years before he moved to another house in Nashville. He had been renovating it for 3-4 years on his own time frame. We called one day to take a look and Ty fell in love with it. I wasn't so easily convinced because while it had some great things it did not have a few things that I had considered a must...fast forward another month and we were living there. Ha! I am working on my compromising skills and decided to agree. One of the main reasons I did agree to move to this house, in this neighborhood is because my sister and her family are .7 of a mile from us. Oh yes, less than a mile!! So, I couldn't say no to that. We are mostly settled and are enjoying things down in the burbs. The absolute best thing has been seeing my sister so much. We aim for twice a day to see each other and I am happy to say most days we do just that! It is awesome. There are still many things we need to do to the house but it will happen in time. Our plantation shutters are being installed on Monday and I think that will make a big difference. Our new chapter continues and I'm sure I will grow to love the burbs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment