Smith and I are both in the throws of separation anxiety and at times it is so hard to watch him get so upset, say, when I put him down, haha. I know developmentally he is acting/reacting exactly how he should but it is still hard to see. I have really not left Smith at all his 9 months of life. The only babysitters he has had have been my parents, Ty's parents or my sister and it is usually after he goes to sleep anyway. Ty took him to Bowling Green one day while I was packing and they were gone for 6 hours; but that is it, the longest I have been without Mr. I am just not ready to leave him and I am not going to force myself. I am lucky enough to get to be with him everyday/all day and we have a strong bond. However, I know the longer I wait the harder it will be. But, this past Sunday we went to a new church and I left Smith in the nursery, with strangers, ahhhh!! I cried but he seemed to do well and only cried a little, per the nursery workers. I kept him in there the whole hour and only made Ty go check on him once (I couldn't do it because I knew I would get him out). So, it was a big day for me and for Smith. I'm sure by the next child this will not be a big deal but it is to me now.
Still really proud of how well all three of you did! its a huge deal to leave your child with strangers for the first time!!! And I've decided this is officially my favorite picture of you two so far. I love how happy you look and I just can't get enough of babies sucking their thumbs...so sweet!
ReplyDelete