Monday, September 19, 2011

8 months




(please notice the large elephant's ass in the pic..that is how we roll, haha)

Between 6 and 7 months baby boy has accomplished so much! I really feel like he is turning into a little boy right before my eyes. He hates to have his face and hands wiped and he does not like to get dressed at all. It is like trying to wrestle an alligator when changing his diaper. I think right there qualifies us as getting into the beginning of boyhood. Mr. is such a mess and we love him. He started rolling over both ways and all around at 6 months, then got his first 2 teeth at 6 1/2 months. He also started sitting by himself at 6 1/2 months. He is really close to crawling. He rocks and does downward dog and he can find a way to get a toy out of his reach but he won't quite crawl yet. Ty said a friend of his has a boy a month older and he is crawling. I had to remind him that all babies are different and he will crawl when he is ready. But, it is hard to not compare your baby, yourself, your car, your house, etc, to others. That is a whole other topic though...

The past two months have been so busy! He is 8 months today and Ty said, where has the time gone? I feel that way so much. It is weird to think of him as closer to 1 than being born. Weird. He is enjoying baby food a lot and is getting the hang of picking up small objects, like peas.

We went on a quick trip to Memphis this past weekend to visit our good friends and to help celebrate the amazing news that they are pregnant! We are all beyond happy and thrilled for them. They are not finding out if it is a boy or girl either! I don't like surprises so I don't think I could ever do it but it is intriguing to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment