Before Smith was born Ty and I decided we wanted to travel and do all of the things we would typically do, but bring him along too. He didn't go out of the house much in his first 10 weeks of life but after that he has become a mover and a shaker. He has taken at least one 7 hour trip a month and has already flown. This weekend was no exception. My girlfriends from Fort Smith planned a weekend at Lake Ouachita. I let them know that I would love to come but Smith had to come as well since I'm still nursing him. We set a date and made the plans. I wasn't sure it was going to happen right up until Friday morning. I had a stomach bug on Tuesday and Smith and I both got sick on Wednesday. But, he had a good night and I was already packed so we decided to jump in the car and start the 6 1/2 hour drive. He is such a trooper and for the most part did really well on the way there and back. Just a few minor meltdowns. I had such a great time catching up with friends, eating, drinking, boating and just relaxing. These girls are so much fun and I just love getting to be with them. We left super early on Sunday and made it back close to 2. Ty wanted some boy time with Smith so I unpacked and laid around the rest of the afternoon. So, the adventures of Smith continue! We both had such a great time! Thank you girls for making this past weekend so much fun!!
Monday, August 29, 2011
Rambling Man
Before Smith was born Ty and I decided we wanted to travel and do all of the things we would typically do, but bring him along too. He didn't go out of the house much in his first 10 weeks of life but after that he has become a mover and a shaker. He has taken at least one 7 hour trip a month and has already flown. This weekend was no exception. My girlfriends from Fort Smith planned a weekend at Lake Ouachita. I let them know that I would love to come but Smith had to come as well since I'm still nursing him. We set a date and made the plans. I wasn't sure it was going to happen right up until Friday morning. I had a stomach bug on Tuesday and Smith and I both got sick on Wednesday. But, he had a good night and I was already packed so we decided to jump in the car and start the 6 1/2 hour drive. He is such a trooper and for the most part did really well on the way there and back. Just a few minor meltdowns. I had such a great time catching up with friends, eating, drinking, boating and just relaxing. These girls are so much fun and I just love getting to be with them. We left super early on Sunday and made it back close to 2. Ty wanted some boy time with Smith so I unpacked and laid around the rest of the afternoon. So, the adventures of Smith continue! We both had such a great time! Thank you girls for making this past weekend so much fun!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment