Little man is 4 1/2 weeks old! WOW! Time flies when you are having fun :) We went to the doctor yesterday for a jaundice check and he still has a little bit of what is called Breast Milk Jaundice. Apparently, it takes longer to go away than normal jaundice and it is caused by breast feeding, go figure. So, I have to give him formula for 24 hours and continue to pump to keep up my supply. We started last night and it is a bit of a pain but the doctor is hopeful it will go away with this little tweak. He now weighs 8 lbs 8 oz! I'm so happy he is gaining weight and doing so well. Sleep is still not easy for Smith but we are still in "survival mode" as my sista calls it. I have heard from many people that it takes a good 3-4 months for sleep to happen on a more consistent basis. We are doing well and enjoying the little victories; i.e. a good nap, a good feeding session, a smile (whether it be gas or a real smile), a cuddle, etc. The past few nights S will not sleep more than an hour or two and when I have tried all of the other tricks (paci, re-swaddle, etc) I get him out of his crib and put him on my chest. Of course he sleeps like an angel then. It is so sweet! I just wish I could sleep when he does that but I am way to scared I will drop him.
I am so excited for the weekend! Emily, Laura and possibly Kelli are coming to meet Mr. Smith! He is so excited too!
*Sidenote on hat-I ordered this adorable hat and it is supposed to fit 0-6 months, hmmm. Don't think he will be able to wear it until he is 10!!
Lauren, I know the survival mode all too well! It does take a few months. It seems like all you do in those first few months is feed the baby and pray for some sleep! Ha!
ReplyDeleteI can also sympathize with your sadness when your mama left....my mom always stays a couple weeks with me after birth. She lives in Houston and I still get all sappy when she leaves!
Smith is precious and I definately see alot of Mommy in that precious face.
I love reading your posts, Lauren. You are so real and honest and it makes me tear up to remember all those new feelings as a mommy! You are doing great and it will get easier and easier. Can't wait to catch up! He is gorgeous! Love the whale hat--OMG!!
ReplyDelete