Thursday, February 10, 2011

3 weeks!


Family hospital picture-2 days old


Daddy and Smith-2 1/2 weeks old




It has been 3 weeks since I have shaved my legs...oh yea, Smith is also 3 weeks old today! Yay Smith! I honestly can't believe it has been 3 weeks already. We are enjoying the moments and feel so blessed. I cry every time I think about how happy I am (I'm sure that has nothing to do with hormones or lack of sleep either, haha). We are having a few struggles with feeding, sleeping, screaming, gas, spitting up, but I wouldn't change it for the world! He is the cutest, sweetest thing ever and I'm not being biased at all. We had a check up today and he weighs 7 lbs 15.5 ounces and is 21.5 inches long. So, he has gained 11 ounces and grown 2.5 inches since he was born. The doctor was pretty happy with everything! He still has some jaundice so I'm supposed to watch it and call back in a week to see if he still looks yellow. We were also given some Zantac for what the doctor thinks might be acid reflux. We are really hope this helps the spitting up and screaming after nursing him. It is just heart breaking when he screams. It makes me want to cry. I never thought I would feel that way about a baby's cry.

On another note my mom is leaving this weekend and I am beyond sad. I cry every time I think about that too. I just love having her here and she has been the biggest help ever. I hope I can be half of the mother she is to me and my sister! I need some prayers to get me through this because I know it is going to be so sad!


Mommy and Smith-3 weeks old

No comments:

Post a Comment