Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cars-ugh

This might not have anything to do with pregnancy, babies, etc but I just need to vent. I am so super frustrated with cars at the moment. I had an old Volvo that was in need of many repairs and it looked like it would cost more money to fix it than the actual car was worth. So, Ty and I started looking or at least asking parents if anyone had a car they wanted to sell us cheap. We already have one car payment so we didn't want another one so we were just going to pay with cash. In March, my dad calls me with a car prospect; his good friend and cardiologist is a car enthusiast and he was selling one of his many cars. Did we want it? We looked at blue book, came up with a price and bought it. My dad drove it for a week before we did this and loved it. He said if my mom's car wasn't so new he would have bought it for her and if we didn't want it he was going to buy it for a third car. Silly. Anyway, saw pictures and loved it. Over Easter I went down to get it. Again, loved it. Pretty much from that day on it has been one nightmare after another. We have already put over $5000 into it in repairs and we just had to take it again today and we are out another $400. Ughhh! So frustrating! And the worst part is he had it looked at before we bought it and anything that was broken was repaired (I even have the receipts). We are at our wits end. Not sure what to do. Ty wants to sell it immediately, I want to hold onto it for one main reason. It is the safest car made in the world and I would want nothing more than to have that reassurance when I am driving around a brand new baby in the winter. I am pretty much terrified of driving anyway and this is just one more way for me to have some extra support on the road. What to do, what to do? I just wish we knew if it would keep having issues down the road. I'm just ready to win the lottery so I won't have to worry about these types of things! I would just go buy a brand new one, whatever I wanted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment