Sunday, April 22, 2012

Here we go again... (a recap of the last 4 months)








So, like I have said numerous times before, 2012 has been a crazy year and the first 3 months of it were by far...well, almost comical.  Here it is in a nutshell (I could go on and on but I tried to shorten the saga, ha).

It all started when we found out about Smith's allergies.  It was/is pretty life changing.  He couldn't eat much and neither could I since I was still nursing.  It was really tough adjusting but we are doing so much better.  A few days later I went to the doctor to finally get my wrist looked at because it had been bothering me since Smith was born.  I cried in pain on a daily basis because of it so Ty put his foot down (which he rarely does) and made me go.  I went and the doctor did an xray and told me I needed surgery.  What??  He sent me to an Orthopedic surgeon who decided I could try a cortisone shot to see if that would work and thankfully it has so far.  Bullet dodged.

Then Ty started a new job but we found out after he started that our insurance wouldn't start until 90 days later, so he started calling around for temporary insurance.  Well, it the midst of this I had found out I was pregnant and wasn't going to tell Ty until he got home from his first business trip with this new company.  I wanted to surprise him and not have him stress about it while he was gone.  That didn't quite happen because of the insurance.  So I told him, he freaked, I freaked and then we started getting our act together.  We got on Cobra Insurance, which is great but so incredible expensive for a family.

Then I got very, very sick.  I mean, like, I have never been so sick in my entire life.  I had bronchitis, pneumonia and an ear infection.  This all came about  2 days before Ty left for that business trip and 2 days after I found out I was pregnant.  I couldn't move, had a 105 degree fever for over a week and I was in tremendous pain.  That was the first time I let Smith watch tv and we watched a lot.  I couldn't do anything.  Ty's parents were out of town, my mom had just left and Ty was out of town as well.  Thankfully my sister was able to help me out some so I could rest.  But, I will say that was the absolute worse thing I have dealt with in a long time.  I couldn't do anything and it lasted for over a month.  Ugh.  So, with not being able to eat dairy, eggs, peanuts, seafood (and I don't eat meat) or anything that contains those proteins and being sick, I lost a ton of weight.  Normally I would have been almost happy about that but it was just ridiculous.  So, I stopped nursing Smith at 13 1/2 months mostly because I needed to eat more and I was pregnant.  To debunk any old wives tales, you can get pregnant while nursing, haha. (obviously I knew that but was not thinking that would ever happen).

Anyway, fast forward to April and things are definitely looking up!  Ty started another new job 2 weeks ago and is loving it.  The first new one just was not a good opportunity and he had no support.  It is crazy how he could never get any answers about anything much less a client list.  That is another long story in itself but he quit, found a new job (they actually sought him out) and all is going well on that front.

I am now 17 weeks pregnant and I have had no problems gaining weight...at all.  I have gained way more at this stage than I had with Smith.  Although at this stage with Smith I hadn't gained a pound.  But, I think my body just naturally is more comfortable at a certain weight.  I am still wearing my clothes, although the pants are getting uncomfortable so I'm sure maternity clothes will happen very soon, very soon.  I have had a few ultrasounds and everything looks good so far.  I go tomorrow for just a check, no ultrasound this time though.  I find out in 3 more weeks the gender but I am pretty confident it will be a boy.  I mean, I would be willing to bet big on it and I don't like to bet (much rather go shopping and have something to show for it).

I am terrified and excited about having 2 kids under 2 years old.  Some days I think I will be fine and others I panic some inside.  I try not to show my fear because I know kids can sense it and I am going to have to show these two kiddos I'm in charge and confident, haha.  It will be challenging but I am very hopefully I can do it and not end up in the looney bin.  I have started thinking what all I need to buy for this new baby.  Everyone keeps saying, oh you have everything you need from Smith, blah, blah, blah.  Nope, I need a new crib, double stroller, monitor, monster diaper bag (my cute Kate Spade will not handle 2 kids I'm afraid), high chair and I'm sure other things.  But alas, it will all work out and will just keep praying for a healthy baby, boy or girl.......

No comments:

Post a Comment