Monday, May 16, 2011
Freedom Riders
If you get a chance to watch a show or DVR something tonight, I highly recommend watching PBS at 8/9e. There is a documentary called, American Experience's Freedom Riders. I watched an Oprah Show show about this amazing group of young men and women who called themselves the Freedom Riders. It was one of the best Oprah's I have ever seen. I had no idea about this movement in the 60's or what these young people experienced. The idea was to take take buses from DC to NOLA in hopes of promoting peace and ending segregation. It will show the trials they went through and opposition they faced when riding through the south. It reminds me how far we have come but also how far we still need to come. I promise, you won't regret it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment